Get Outdoors, Lebanon County!
GO and Build a Better World, Lebanon County!
Are you looking for something exciting for your family to do together this summer in the great outdoors? Looking to discover the great parks of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, but don’t know where to start? We’ve got you covered! And best of all it’s free and fun for all ages!
Last year participants collectively walked over 3,000 miles! Let’s see if we can top that in 2017! Join children and families from all over Lebanon County this summer in the Get Outdoors (GO) and Build a Better World program. Get outdoors and discover the wonder of nature as you hunt for 15 activity posts hidden in parks and along trails in Lebanon County. Children follow clues available in their free GO and Build a Better World blueprint to locate each post. They then make a rubbing of the unique etching plate found at each post as a record of their “find.” The more activity posts you find, the better your chances are to win an exciting grand prize.
2018 program details to be announced.
- Pick up your playbook at your local library June 5th or later.
- Each family receives (1) blueprint per family and (1) etching sheet per child 17 years or younger.
- Use your playbook to identify the 15 participating parks within Lebanon County.
- Use the clues to find each post located in the park. Make sure you take a crayon or pencil with you on your adventure so you can shade over the picture onto your etching sheet. Do not use marker or pen.
- Return your etching sheet to your local library by August 21st to qualify for prizes.
How to win:
3 or more etching rubs = small prize.
4-9 etchings = small prize + 1 entry to win a grand prize
10-14 etchings = small prize + 2 chances to win a grand prize
Collect all 15 = small prize + 3 chances to win a grand prize
The GO and Build a Better World program is a collaborative initiative of WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital and the Lebanon County Library System. For additional information, please contact Melanie Wells, Community Wellness Coordinator, WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital at 717.270.7764 or visit the initiative website for more information!