“As both a volunteer coordinator and volunteer,I have great respect for the program. I find my contribution to be most gratifying and an important way to give back to the community. The friends I have made by serving are invaluable and I recognize our volunteers as vital to the success of our Library.”Lori Swanger
- Shelve books by alphabetical order and Dewey Decimal System.
- Read shelves to ensure media is in it’s proper location.
- Assist in Library Programs
- Check in/check out books
- Use the copier.
- Assist patrons with questions or defer them to the Librarian on duty.
- Perform other duties as instructed.
- Other unique opportunities available.
How To Get Started:
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Meet with the volunteer coordinator for an interview.
- Obtain required clearances: PA Child Abuse History & PA State Police History.
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Complete volunteer orientation & training session.